Vol. 23 No.
1 / January-February-March 2009 / Solidarity Philippines Australia
ALL FILIPINO CITIZENS ABROAD, not otherwise disqualified by law, at least eighteen (18) years of age on the day of elections, may now participate in Philippine national elections under the Overseas Absentee Voting Act of 2003 (Republic Act 9189).
For purposes of the 2010 national elections, qualified Filipinos abroad may vote for President, Vice-President, 12 Senators and one (1) Party-List representative. The voting period is from April 10, 2010 until 3:00 pm, Philippine time of May 10, 2010.
Period for filing of applications for REGISTRATION/Certification as overseas absentee voters is from February 1, 2009 until August 31, 2009.
(For those who have previously registered, you may file/request for: Transfer of registration records; Reinstatement in the National registry of OAV; Correction of wrong entries/misspelled names; Withdrawal of application for registration/certification of pending approval; Reactivation of registration record.)
If you are abroad, you may file your applications, IN PERSON, at the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate.
If you are in the Philippines, you may file your applications at the Registration Centers at the OFW Pre-Departure Lounge at NAIA Terminal 1 OR at the POEA Ground Floor.
Note: Seafarers may file their applications AT ANY POST abroad or at any specifically designated areas in Manila.
1. Personal Appearance; Submit self to biometrics capture for photo, thumb print and signature.
2. Valid Philippine Passport or DFA certification in the absence of such.
3. Acomplished OAV Registration/Certification Form (Appropriate OAV application forms may also be downloaded at http://www.comelec.gov.ph/oav/downloadables/forms/registration.html)
4. For seafarers, a photocopy of Seaman’s Book or proof of being a seafarer.
5. For Filipinos who availed of RA 9225 (Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act), the original or certified true copy of the Order of Approval of application under RA 9225.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
COMELEC Committee on Overseas Absentee Voting
Telephones: +632 527 9766; 522 2251
fax: +632 527 0836
Centre for Migrant Advocacy Philippines
Telephones: +632 433 0684; 920 5003
DFA Overseas Absentee Voting Secretariat
Telephones: +632 834 4361; 834 3275; 832 8363
fax: +632 833 0914; 833 0915
The Philippine embassy or consulate nearest you